Membership in the Division of Chemical Heath and Safety is a powerful tool for chemical health and safety professionals in industry, academia and government.
Membership benefits include:
- paper copies of and on line access to the Journal of Chemical Health and Safety.
- a subscription to the divisional e-mail list DCHAS-L,
- discounts to Division of Chemical Health and Safety professional workshops,
- notice of papers to be presented and social events at National Meetings.
Please join us in the work of this exciting, multi-disciplinary, and practical Division of the ACS.
You can download an application in PDF format here:
Employers in Industry, Academia, Government Laboratories, and the Health Sciences:
If you supervise an employee who has responsibility for laboratory safety (including your institution’s Chemical Hygiene Officer) in your organization, there are important reasons to sponsor their membership in the American Chemical Society’s Division of Chemical Health and Safety (CHAS). For a nominal annual membership fee, your employee will gain access to multiple cost-effective professional development opportunities, including:
- Access to the DCHAS e-mail listserv. This diverse group is comprised of safety professionals (with a wide range of backgrounds and careers) who freely share their experiences, insight, and considerable knowledge base when members have questions and serve to mentor rookie safety professionals to help ensure their success.
- A subscription to the American Chemical Society (ACS) Journal of Chemical Health & Safety, an excellent peer-reviewed journal, published six times per year, that publishes timely, relevant articles that apply to your situation.
- A handy, low-cost method to stay up-to-date on relevant federal codes and regulations to ensure compliance in your workplace and avoid costly fines.
- Notification of upcoming regional and national ACS meetings and other laboratory safety events, short courses, and workshops across the U.S. where the employee could present papers or posters or attend technical sessions to learn more about their profession.
- Discounts for professional workshops that are presented by DCHAS members.